Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can two controllers coexist in (and for) the same network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can two controllers coexist in (and for) the same network?

I got the 2245-222 hub and I'd like to get more advanced control but I wouldn't like to lose smartphone access or access through my watch. Also scene creation is a little confusing on the iOS app and my first sunrise/sunset basic scene didn't seem to work.

Unless you are using an ISY, yes, you can have multiple controllers--if you are careful about what controls what. You can't for example, have one scene where device A controls device B and another scene on the other controller where device A controls device C.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Oh I see, this is not what I want but it's good to know. I want the central controllers to control everything so I'd have, for example, HouseLinc do the heavy lifting and still have the Insteon Hub running so I can use my smartphone or watch to access control. Indigo seems to have both things but the interface is very ugly and convoluted for everyone else at home (who is not me) to figure out easily--on iOS that is.

Thanks for your answer, though.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by 'heavy lifting." What specifically do you want HL to do? HL is not meant to be a controller of devices nor scenes. HL is an Insteon manager that can create scenes and run simple programs (events).
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Houselinc is also now a Legacy program. That Smartlabs/Smarthome is no longer supporting or updating.
          The latest revision Insteon Modules may not work with Houselinc. Even with the Devices.xml file they released earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
          X