Multiple users / devices for 1 Hub ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple users / devices for 1 Hub ?

Newbie here, Just pre-ordered the new apple hub pro and some dual band devices but have not rec'd anything yet !!!
    Just a quick question. Can multiple users use multiple IOS 8 devices ie; iphones / Ipad's to access the same Hub and alter / change settings ?
    want to be able to have other family members make changes as I would be able to etc...

Do they all go on same account ?
    Do I need to setup multiple accounts?
    Do I need to give them login credentials ? Can we all be on all at same time ?

thanks I am sure someone has also requested this before.

Hi,

While not familiar with the new Hub, I doubt it will manage things differently in the areas you are asking about.

Yes, you would create one Insteon account for all users/devices that you intend to have interact with your hub. No need for multiple accounts (nor is there a capability for doing so)

Yes, all devices and users can be on at the same time, and all have access to the settings, the latter is something that some of us have requested in the past, i.e., a "read only" client for family members that would restrict them from making changes to the configuration. Lacking this, you just need to manage who makes changes and when. (Honestly, in most cases, not a big issue. Most other family members are not interested in playing with the settings)

Comment

hi guys..
      i have a question relation to your setup..
      how about multiple screens (5-7 inch tablets) mounted on wall in each room.. (thats what i plan to do) and keep them permanently wall mounted..all login to my insteon account.. is there a problem logging in from different platforms? is there a timeout for logging in?
      i am a IOS user (macbook, iPad, iPhone) but i found the windows instead version nicer( tiles) which would be nice for a tablet in kiosk mode.. but is it more stable?
      any ideas or comments are welcomed.
      Last edited by Moustafa; 11-09-2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I use both iOS and Windows apps for the same Hubs. I don't know how many users can be logged in at the same time.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n79557]I use both iOS and Windows apps for the same Hubs. I don't know how many users can be logged in at the same time.[/QUOTE]

what about logout ?? does it for u to logout due to timeout? or it stays logged in at the same time from both platform

Comment

I don't have any difficulty staying logged in from two locations/apps. But, if I make any changes on one app, it doesn't appear on the other app unless I log out and in again.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, multiple users can be logged on at the same time (on different devices) as long as the use the same login credentials.

Comment

Exactly what minute mark should you move towards the red gem then how long will you have to align yourself in the final waiting place?
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:49 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Great!

align yourself in the final waiting place
                  Last edited by pooh3400; 05-12-2023, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X