Another Insteon Newbie with Hub Installation Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Insteon Newbie with Hub Installation Problems

After many years of using X10, I decided to make the switch to Insteon. Bought a new Insteon Starter Kit and tried to install it. So far this has not been a great experience. I followed the picture instructions, plugged the Hub into my ArrisTG862 Wireless Router's Ethernet connection, downloaded the Insteon for Hub App, created a new account, and cannot set up the Hub because all I get is an error message stating "Can't Find the Internet". This looks to be a common problem. I have rebooted my Arris router and nothing. Everything else connected to this router either wirelessly or wired seem to find the internet with no issues. Tried to call support but was told the wait was 55 minutes. Support will be closed for the day before they get to my spot on the queue. Any suggestions?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I've been using Insteon for years and just purchased a Hub As an addition so my wife could control through her iPad and iPhone. So far the hub is a $40 paper weight. I downloaded the app, and go through the process. The app asks me to scan the q-code, followed up by downloading an update that never finishes verification. Or it fails with the "no internet connection" problem. I did manage to get it connected to my Android phone/app once but have had issues since then. Full resets of the hub seem to make no difference. As in the OP I'm wanting to like this device, but looking for ideas on what it's going to take to get it working.

I have no issues with my ISY-994i and Mobilinc Pro to my Android phone but didn't want to buy another $20 app to use any Apple devices and pay annual fees to control the system away from home

Comment

Working...
    X