No WAN Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No WAN Connection

So I have tried to set up the hub (model #2245-222) from both my andoid phone and Windows 8 and they both return "No WAN connection." Both my phone and computer are connected to the internet just fine, so I am assuming this is either a router issue or and ISP issue. Any suggestions?

Same problem here. There's likely nothing wrong with your network or ISP. It looks to me like their servers are down!

Comment

Same thing here...

Comment

It doesn't work for me either.

I ran a packet capture and found that my phone is trying to request:

[url]http://www.insteon.com/apf/customer-support.html[/url]

but for some reason the server is returning 403 Forbidden. I think this causes the app to say "Can't Find the Internet".

The request is a little weird, in that it's rather bare:

GET /apf/customer-support.html HTTP/1.1
        Host: [url]www.insteon.com[/url]
        Connection: Keep-Alive

Normally there would be more headers on an HTTP request.

Hopefully someone from Insteon is monitoring this forum and can get it fixed. I can't be the only one who got Insteon for Christmas and is having trouble with this!

Comment

Same issue here. What a great Christmas gift. Might as well be a brick. I am shock this issue is over a day old at the time of this writing. That doesn't bold well for me keeping this product.

Comment

Have any of you made any progress on this problem? I have been encountering this new problem since December 24th.

Comment

I tried setting mine up today with all the same issues. Hopefully we get answers soon getting really frustrating.

Comment

Same problem here using Galaxy S3 and Acer tablet. App setup wizard says I'm not connected to the Internet even though it was able to successfully create my Insteon ID and send me an email on the same phone. Mediocre Christmas gift I guess.

Comment

Well since Insteon doesn't care enough to update this on their own bulletin board I will inform everyone. I called support yesterday and they informed me they have a catastrophic error on their cloud system, which is preventing android devices from doing new registrations on hubs. He said they are working on the problem, but the solution right now is to use IOS. I told him I didn't have IOS and he said "well that is all we have right now."

So there you go. A company who doesn't care enough to update their message board with this most vital announcement.

Comment

Even iOS devices have troubles. I get to the point of it trying to perform an update (shows downloading and verifying), but get a lost connection comes back if I tap "try again".

Comment

I am having the same problem. I call the support number and the rep told me that there is a problem with the Android server. He also stated that there has been a large call volume of android users calling for other issues as well. Below is my setup and what's happening when I try to set my unit up.

-Netgear range extender (me and my neighbor are sharing Internet access)
                      -The Hub 1
                      -Note 4 phone.

I turn data off my phone so I'm using only the range extender network.
                      I setup the range extender so it acts as a wireless bridge for the wireless devices and the wired hub.
                      I plug the hub into the range extender
                      I download Insteon for hub off the Google play store.
                      I run the app
                      I tried to create new user but get a message stating that I am not connected to the internet.
                      I open a Web browser to see if my phone is connected and it connects with no problem.
                      I go back into the app and try forgot password and follow the emailed steps to reset the password.

My phone and the hub seems to be connected to the network but there server or the app is returning a no Internet connection error. When this problem is resolved. I will post a message here. If anyone else get theirs working could you keep us updated.
                      Last edited by adukesjr; 12-29-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X