New User - Insteon Hub Question 3 Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User - Insteon Hub Question 3 Part

#1- What is the default login and password the hub @ 192.168.0.2?
    #2- How do I know it is secure against hackers? It is outside my network.
    #3- I changed the passwords on my cameras. Am I able to change the password on my hub?
    -Kelly
    (I tried my email address and password, of course that did not work, was too obvious)
    Last edited by kelly; 12-12-2014, 08:50 AM.

When you launch the App for the first time you are asked for a user name and password. The address you listed is not outside your network. In fact, that's the address usually assigned to the computer connected to the router when you first log into the router. Yes, you can change the password you use to access the Hub.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n31737]When you launch the App for the first time you are asked for a user name and password. The address you listed is not outside your network. In fact, that's the address usually assigned to the computer connected to the router when you first log into the router. Yes, you can change the password you use to access the Hub.[/QUOTE]
      I know my username abd password, but it does not login to the hub (thats the reason for my post). If I knew how to access it I would not be posting here. And it is outside my firewall beacause I put the ip in the DMZ
      So i'll ask again, what is the default username and password since mine do not work.I want to access it outside the app. the app only asks for my username and passwors

Comment

Check the bottom of the Hub. BTW, if you used your router for a DMZ, then you cannot access the Hub from outside your LAN.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n31746]Check the bottom of the Hub. BTW, if you used your router for a DMZ, then you cannot access the Hub from outside your LAN.[/QUOTE]
          Thats the answer I was looking for. THANKS! also, I put the hub's ip in the DMZ not the router.

Comment

Working...
          X