No notification for dimmer on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No notification for dimmer on/off

I've just installed my hub, both dimmers and 2 leak sensors. When the leak sensors detect water/cycle I get text and e-mail notifications. The dimmers on the other hand are not sending notification when they turn on and off. Any help would be appreciated

Select Edit Devices, select one of the dimmers. Is both On Alert and Off Alert green?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes, and I entered my email and phone number into the fields for the individual device

Comment

[url]www.insteon.com/support.html[/url]
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Alerts are sent when you press the buttons on a controller to turn it on or off, or when a sensor detects a change in state. Is that what you are doing, pressing the on or off button on the dimmer module itself?

Comment

I'm using the on/off in the iPad hub app, as well as trying to run a schedule on the dimmer. Neither will give a notification, but I haven't tried the buttons at the device

Comment

So when I push the on/off button on the dimmer itself I do get the notifications

Comment

Is there a way to setup notification for the schedule so I know the lamp has gone on/off while I'm away from the house?

Comment

You'll need a more intelligent INSTEON manager, such as HouseLinc, to sechedule alerts. HouseLinc requires a that Windows computer be on at least during the scheduled time. HouseLinc is also capable of "if this, then do that" programming.

Comment

Thanks everyone, appreciate the info. I actually am going away from an isy 994 because I find the programming arduous.

Comment

There are two secrets to success with ISY programming: understanding the difference between Status and Control, and recognizing what causes a program to trigger an ELSE statement. Get those two concepts down and the rest is a piece of cake. Have you asked for help over on the ISY forum? [url]Http://forum.universal-devices.com[/url]

Comment

Greatscott222 asked "Is there a way to setup notification for the schedule so I know the lamp has gone on/off while I'm away from the house?"

I am having an issue with alerts as well. I use the latest versions of dimmer modules and on/off switches. They only respond when I manually turn them on and off at the module/switch.

Stusviews replied "You'll need a more intelligent INSTEON manager, such as HouseLinc, to sechedule alerts. HouseLinc requires a that Windows computer be on at least during the scheduled time. HouseLinc is also capable of "if this, then do that" programming."

What logic is behind this functionality? I am standing in front of the switch/module turning it on or off and the scheme involved is to send me an email and/or a text telling me what I did?

Logically, the reverse should occur --- alerts should occur based on the schedule and not for manual operation.

Comment

Thanks TFitzpatri8!

Your explanation does lend logic to the process.

I use the Insteon products at multiple locations, one of which is a second home. The products work well for tha intended use of automating lights, thermostat, etc.while we are away, thus the position of wanting to know if things are working as intended. Upon reflecting on your answer the alerts perform a logical and useful purpose as defined.

There were seven other requests and assignment for userid TFitzpatri?

Comment

Working...
                          X