Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow the enabling/disabling of supplemental heat for heat pump thermostat from ISY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow the enabling/disabling of supplemental heat for heat pump thermostat from ISY

This isn't a new product idea as much as an enhancement request for the Insteon heat pump thermostat and/or ISY. I have the climate module enabled in my ISY, and what I would like to do is use that to enable the supplemental heat on my Insteon heat pump thermostat when the outside temperature gets below 20°F or so. The thermostat I had replaced this one for actually had an outside thermometer that could be used to do this automatically.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Insteon heat pump thermostat has been discontinued, so no improvements are forthcoming.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I actually do exactly this. Aux heat is requested (in a multi wire 24V control system) via a separate wire. I have an I/O link that makes/breaks this connection based on lots of factors, including outside temperature.

Comment

Working...
      X