Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pin numbered i/o control

Wish this was looked at closer .

What do you hope to accomplish with doing that besides adding unnecessary cost to the device?

Comment

This would support some security functions

Comment

I can explain what you need to accomplish this.
        I refuse to waste my time doing so if ttantalo insists that it needs to be plug & play and available in a pre-packaged device.
        The solution is not cheap, pre-packed, or ready-to-go out of a single box; it requires wiring, user input, programming and money.

Would you like me to continue, or would you prefer to whine about something that YOU want someone else create and market specifically for YOUR individual requirements?

Comment

It's not possible to quell a troll except to ignore any topic started by one and to totally disregard any response posted by one.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Don't forget that this is especially true when they are trying to get their post count up.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
              This would support some security functions
              Insteon is not trying to be in the security business so doing something like that increases cost and usage unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
                Don't forget that this is especially true when they are trying to get their post count up.
                I get that; I'm only responding to get my post count up

Comment

I have seen properly equipped security systems users. Augment the system Using Insteon for things like door open or such.
                  Insteon is not designed to be a primary security device or system.
                  Lacks things like certified for security use. Sensor tests to detect someone trying to bypass or a failing a sensor, battery backup, notifications and calling a security monitoring company.

Smartenit makes some Insteon compatible modules. That have multiple Inputs and Outputs.
                  I have no data on how they would work with a HUB or ISY994i
                  Right now most are discontinued as they update their devices to also be IoT compatible.
                  Last edited by BLH; 11-23-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

The hub doesn't support any of the smartenit products. I know the ISY does support some products like the sprinkler module and the ezio line of products.

Comment

The ISY is out of the question; Troll only wants to use the Hub, but wants it to have ISY functionality at old X10 pricing.

To be honest, I only read his posts for the entertainment value.

Comment

Originally posted by Beelocks View Post
                        The ISY is out of the question; Troll only wants to use the Hub, but wants it to have ISY functionality at old X10 pricing.

To be honest, I only read his posts for the entertainment value.
                        Don't egg him on. Lol

Comment

1 incher is right dont do it

Comment

Unfortunately we dont all have a phd in iot wish I was so blessed like all of you pricks.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                              Unfortunately we dont all have a phd in iot wish I was so blessed like all of you pricks.
                              Go buy August locks and quit complaining !!

Comment

Working...
                              X