Request for "Alexa" room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for "Alexa" room

I have 50+ Devices and 50+ Scenes (and adding). I want a subset (~20?) of them controlled by Alexa.

It seems that, when running discovery, it adds back all the ones it is told to ignore (not a bad idea, since once a device/scene is forgotten, it disappears, and the only way to get it back is to rediscover the entire set (?)). (IT would be better if "forgotten" devices/scenes would remain on the list, but be reversibly flagged as "forgotten," and remain forgotten if the device discovery is run again.

How about having an "Alexa" room in which you place all the devices/scenes that you want to be "discovered." That would make it a lot easier to manage the Alexa subset.

That's a matter for Amazon.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I thought that Insteon wrote the skill, and determined its features.

Comment

Insteon wrote the skill, but what's allowed is determined by Amazon. The ability to base responses based on location (e.g., room) of the echo has been a topic of discussion on other HA forums and even the Amazon echo forum.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Ahh. I understand. That would be a useful feature, but understandably complex to execute.
          I was thinking more of using the "Alexa" room as a filter to decide which devices and scenes to discover.

Comment

I have the same frustration. Have about 50 devices as well. It's an Amazon issue, not Insteon. Echo runs an auto-discovery every 30-60 minutes. So anything you tell it to "forget" comes right back. That feature is more useful for devices that are no longer installed. We need Amazon to create smart device filters so we can decide what Echo sees and ignores.

Comment

Working...
            X