Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix Windows and Android apps!

Using the 2245-222 hub and the insteon apps:

I have tried using the windows app and for basic on/off functionality of switches it works, but if you have a keypadlinc or mini remote then the Windows app gets lost. It doesn't have any way to differentiate between any of the buttons.

Android is a little better in that it recognizes that there are 6/8 button devices but when you go to program these devices the prompts don't indicate that you need to push the button that you want to program to a scene, and if that button actually modifies the device that you are linking with, the program can get setup incorrectly.

IOS is obviously the programming platform of choice for the hub and it seems to work much better than Android or Windows. Please collaborate and get this functionality on the other platforms!

If we could get some better icons and a way to display full screen cameras while you're at it that would be great as well!

Yes I agree , Insteon should be working on this .
    Landcape for Android please, more brand thermostat support, better camera control, the list goes on . Why does Apple get all the attention ? It's ridiculous.
    furthermore we all should not have to all go out and buy the isy or homeseer. Nobody has the time for all that.

Comment

no comments from the peanut gallery???
      you know who

Comment

What kind of response are you expecting? agreement? disagreement? something from the developer of the app? If the latter, then this is not the appropriate place. This is a user-to-user forum. The easiest way to contact the developer is to use the apps feedback choice. Or try here.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

amuse insteon please

Comment

I've suffered on the phone with issues that never got resolved. Insteon is pathetic when it comes to customer service. Apparently Insteon is just playing along with all of this shi@

Comment

Why am I the only one responding here?

Comment

Yes thank you

Comment

"unsung heroes" should be administrators . Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Thaun View Post
                    Using the 2245-222 hub and the insteon apps:

I have tried using the windows app and for basic on/off functionality of switches it works, but if you have a keypadlinc or mini remote then the Windows app gets lost. It doesn't have any way to differentiate between any of the buttons.

Android is a little better in that it recognizes that there are 6/8 button devices but when you go to program these devices the prompts don't indicate that you need to push the button that you want to program to a scene, and if that button actually modifies the device that you are linking with, the program can get setup incorrectly.

IOS is obviously the programming platform of choice for the hub and it seems to work much better than Android or Windows. Please collaborate and get this functionality on the other platforms!

If we could get some better icons and a way to display full screen cameras while you're at it that would be great as well!
                    Do you have Homeseer ?

Comment

Can we use this app with https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?

Comment

Maybe ttantalo can become a developer and accomplish these heartfelt desires!

Comment

The Windows 10 app also won't show 7 of my 8 cameras. So much for monitoring my house on my Surface tablet from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy View Post
                            The Windows 10 app also won't show 7 of my 8 cameras. So much for monitoring my house on my Surface tablet from afar.
                            Have you figured out what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by B-ran View Post
                              Maybe ttantalo can become a developer and accomplish these heartfelt desires!
                              Thought we were on the same side

Comment

Working...
                              X