Brail KPL Button Change Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brail KPL Button Change Kit

Okay, this kinda ties in with the common request for better/newer/bigger/smaller RemoteLincs. I make extensive use of controllers with no load, so I have lots of KeypadLincs in tabletop enclosures because I do not want to have to change batteries. But unlike the older larger RemoteLincs, with KeypadLincs it can be very difficult to identify which button you finger is on except visually. So in a dark room, or in my case, next to the bed in total darkness, it is tough to tell which button I am about to press. This is especially tough with 8 button KeypadLincs. I often use black keys, and where possible I have the LED back-lights turned off in my bedroom and attached bathroom. Even if I did have the back-lights on, it would still require me to lean up and look at the switch to see where my finger is. I want to be able to activate individual buttons completely without looking.

So I would like 6 and 8 button change kits that include little bumps.

You could drill tiny holes or use a wider drill to make indentations in the buttons, kind of inverted Braille.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by Illusion View Post
      So I would like 6 and 8 button change kits that include little bumps.
      Sounds like a job for someone with a 3D printer (not me, yet... but one day...)

Comment

Working...
      X