Raised buttons for Keypadlinc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raised buttons for Keypadlinc's

I would like to see buttons that fit in the current Keypad linc but have a slight raised area in them. This would allow a user to feel for the correct button to turn the light on in a dark room. It is a little more user friendly as most people are used to feeling for a lights switch anyway. This is actually a request from my wife who has a hard time finding the switch in a dark room.

I agree, but I'm also aware that raised custom buttons are quite costly (have you ever tried to buy or replace elevator number or other raised letter buttons ?). BTW, the background lighting for KPLs is adjustable.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

This is a beef that some of my customers have with insteon keypads vs something like a Lutron RadioRA devices that at minimum has a slight contour to the buttons so that there is at least definition between the buttons. I imagine that yes they might be slightly more expensive but once the manufacturing process is defined it shouldn't be much more to add that slight contour. But I'm not in fabrication so maybe I'm way off base here.

Comment

This wish has crossed my mind more than once over the years. Just a slight dome to the buttoms would make the KPL look and feel so much better.

Comment

Working...
        X