Insteon Door Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Door Bell

I would like to see a Insteon enabled door bell that is purpose built to operate in extreme weather conditions and have a outer housing to reflect the same. The following are the most basic and expected firmware features which are already in place in the hidden door sensor.

- Heart beat, battery level, voltage which can be set for different thresholds etc.

- It should be sold with the upgraded alert module which I have created here: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...uture-upgrades

- It should have the ability to be wired using a 24 VAC power supply or battery coin cell to allow the greatest install flexibility to the end users.

- RGB LED: The push button should light up and the end user could select any color combination when the button is pressed.

- Temperature / Humidity: Bosch has released a super small BME280 chip which can measure temperature, humidity, pressure, air quality. Since this device is going to be outside anyways might as well be forward thinking and let the user know the outside environmental's.

This device consumes very little energy and could on its own be used for a multi sensor in a different product for sure. But wanted to indicate if this Insteon door bell was going to be put on the road map why not include this awesome chip for something that would sell for sure.

If people find value in this idea please do select the *LIKE* button under this post as this will help Smartlabs in gauging the public demand for said product.
    Teken . . .

I would love to have an Insteon door bell!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X