Wireless oh wireless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless oh wireless...

I selected Insteon over UPB several years ago because of the reliability, cost and variety of switches. However, I have no interest in having hundreds of wireless signals bouncing around my house every time a switch is flipped. I understand that the originating wireless signal can be disabled in the new switches, however when it relays a signal, it still relays it both via the powerline and wirelessly. I've resorted to buying old used switches off of eBay but will be moving to UPB unless you can disable all wireless signals on the new switches. Please add this simple code to the new firmware so that I can continue to enjoy Insteon products.

As much as I agree with you that our environment should be as EMI / RFI free as possible. The reality is disabling the RF portion will reduce the over all reliability of the Insteon mesh network. If your home is pretty much noise free and have found using only power line devices works well then keep using that method.

I too have mostly power line devices and my Insteon network has been rock solid.

Having said this in other installs I have done the benefit of dual band can not be understated in helping bridge / couple the two sides of the electrical legs of the homes system.

Lastly, as you noted most if not all future Insteon products will have the ability to turn the RF / Power Line On-Off. I expect to see this feature in all new products moving forward.
    Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
    X