Multi-Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Sensor

I would like to see Insteon come out with a multi sensor which supports light, humidity, temperature, sound, and motion. The device should be able to provide the battery level, heart beat, and the above sensor values. It should be programmable by simply detecting motion so the user does NOT have to open the case to initiate the learning / program mode.

An example of such is the Z-Wave enabled Aeotec: http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor
    Teken . . .

Another place where I am considering adding zwave to my system because there is no Insteon product. With cost of sensors dropping, it should be relatively easy to load up a one gang sensor device, or even the MS with some additional intel.

Comment

In addition to being battery powered, it should have the option of being powered off of a wallwart, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sjbauer View Post
        In addition to being battery powered, it should have the option of being powered off of a wallwart, etc.
        I power most of our Motion Sensor with wall warts.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post

I power most of our Motion Sensor with wall warts.
          What is a wall warts?

Comment

A wall wart is a power adapter with a plug attached to the boxy part and a wire coming out that connects to a device. You've seen and probably have a few. Only the term is new to you
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
            X