Cortana Support - Hub App for Windows Phone 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortana Support - Hub App for Windows Phone 8.1

I would really like to see Cortana support in the Hub app for Windows Phone 8.1. I think this could be a really nice feature that people would actually use. For example making Cortana aware of Scenes, Rooms, as well as individual fixtures could provide for some really 'nifty' interactions.

You could say "Cortana, [action] [scene/ fixture type] in the [room]".

--> "Cortana, turn off the lights in the living room". This would call on any light objects (bulbs, dimmers, etch.) with the room label, living room.

--> "Cortana, set lights for movie night". This would trigger the scene called "movie night" turning of the respective lights.

What do you guys think about a feature like this? Would you use it?
    This sounds neat. I would definately use this!
    85.71%
    I'm interested, but not use if I would use it all that much.
    0.00%
    I'm not interested.
    14.29%

There is a YouTube video which shows a person using Cortana to control insteon products through a third-party app. It would be nice to have it integrated into Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 insteon app. Not sure if the control using Cortana actually works but if you believe the video it seems to work. I haven't got to that point yet because my system isn't working consistently. However you can see for yourself. Go to YouTube search Cortana and insteon.
    Last edited by jwr72co; 07-03-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Cortana definitely looks exciting.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
      X