Switchlinc with occupancy sensor built in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchlinc with occupancy sensor built in

I would like to see Switchlinc and KeypadLinc with a built in motion sensor. That way it can use line power and avoid need to change batteries. Also it would be a cleaner installation. I could see easily putting at lease one in every room and would swap out several existing Swichlinc's if one became available. The sensor could be linked or operate independently of the Switchlinc on/off which would increase flexibility.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I fully agree. Not wanting to wait, I wired a line powered motion sensor to a Micro Module yellow sense wire.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

would like to see theis as well, it is a combination that makes sense from an automation point of view.

Comment

Fantastic idea. Hope this materializes.

Comment

• Erik Lundquist
          Erik Lundquist commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a few of these non-Insteon switches which is extreamly helpful. Having them Insteon controlled would be huge. But I still would need a remote, from the switch, motion sensor to get a correct view of the spaces.

Insteon should look at some of the offerings on the Z-Wave & ZigBee side. They have a few nice small motion sensors that offer temp & humidify in the same sensor!

New to the forum, but totally agree with this request. Selling standalone wired in motion sensors that fit in a single gang switch spot and send "open/closed" signals down the powerline would be awesome! Integrating this into every switch product would be even better!

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
            I fully agree. Not wanting to wait, I wired a line powered motion sensor to a Micro Module yellow sense wire.
            Hey Stu,

Can you give details on this? I'm guessing that you are talking about a 2442-222 module? Are you using that module to directly control a load or just send powerline commands?

What I am looking to do is have a hardwired motion sensor (like this one maybe: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B361NJM) connect it to this module and have it send a signal down the powerline that it received an on or an off on the sense wires. I then use 3rd party software to receive and conditionally trigger other devices. Will this setup do this? I believe that I would be wiring per the attached image with the switch being this hardwired motion sensor.

Thanks!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That's precisely what I do (except I use a Luton motion sensor). Except in one case, nothing is connected to the Micro Module load. It's only purpose is to send an Insteon signal.

BTW, the On/Off Module is capable of sending an On-level command to a linked dimmer responder.
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I joined this forum specifically to vote for this idea. I'd buy at least three today if they were available.

Comment

Working...
                X