IFTTT Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Channel

PLEASE make this the primary focus on any development going on. Insteon is starting to look old school compared to WEMO and others that have already tied into IFTTT. I would love to have my front lights turn on, Door unlock and Thermostat turn down when I drive into the driveway. IFTTT will allow all this to happen. I would love to have a insteon motion sensor trigger my Sonos. IFTTT Channel would do that. I would love that when I start my car that all my lights turn off and the front door lock, IFTTT CAN DO THAT. Please make this the primary focus. ALL of us what this. Dont make us dump out Insteon tech and move to other standards just because you don't make IFTTT the #1 priority.

Every time I read about a new home automation technology they are compatible with all standards except Insteon, why is that?

Comment

Which "new home automation technology" is compatible with all standards except INSTEON, for example, Z-Wave, Zigbee, X10, UPB, and C-Bus?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

There is no such thing as *ALL Compatible* as Stu indicated. Not even when speaking about IP related devices as some require interaction on the software layer vs the data layer.

What you do have are companies that are making the front end (Controller) more available for App / Web Services interactions. Whether that be Z-Wave it requires a front end controller to link the two together.

Z-Wave does not speak WiFi, Ethernet, IP on any level . . . It is the front end controller that allows the vendor to activate the end devices such as switches, locks, outlets. Given the fact Smartlabs is embracing the whole cloud hosting approach this could easily be done.

Will they? Who knows but this would be a great opportunity to grow the product show casing Insteon does speak to the Internet of things.

Teken . . .
        Teken . . .

Comment

I totally agree! While I'm not the biggest IFTTT user, this is one of those features that opens the door to so many more possibilities while minimizing the engineering effort. Its a quick as easy way to implement a basic level of conditional automation. I would certainly use IFTTT for some things.

Comment

IFTTT integration would be very interesting. But as said before it is the Mfg of the hub that needs to take on this integration. If your hub is from Insteon... then so be it... Insteon needs to do this... but if it is any ISY then Universal Devices... my point in make sure you give feedback to the Mfg in the proper forum.

Comment

Just chiming in here. I'd love to have IFTTT channels around this system.

Comment

With IFTTT's Do Button, I could trigger a scene from the iPhone Notification Center without even opening an app. That would be incredibly useful.

Comment

holding off on insteon until IFTTT support added

Comment

+1 on the request to add IFTTT (or IF, as it's called now), or some other type of conditional control logic in the insteon hub app. I've used a few insteon devices for years, and this December finally purchased the hub. I use the hub and app (for Android and IOS devices) every day. It's okay and been working well, but adding IFTTT or something similar would greatly improve the whole system's usability. Looking to add more parts now, but this is one thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Comment

Add me to the list of users asking for IFTTT integration.

Comment

Another vote for IFTTT integration!

Comment

IFTTT doesn't have a proper url ping which would give at least basic on/off/bright/dim abilities. And if done right to return data, it could be used to query.
                          But it looks like you can use this little trick to ping urls using a dropbox call:
                          http://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-ta...harles-Caplan#

That at least lets you call the HTTP api http://www.leftovercode.info/smartlinc.php
                          or ISY REST Server: http://wiki.universal-devices.com/in...REST_Interface

You could do something like send an sms that turns on a light, etc.

EDIT It looks like there is another unofficial option for webhooks with ifttt here:
                          https://www.marcus-povey.co.uk/2012/...ith-ifttt-com/
                          Last edited by dsstrainer; 04-17-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I vote for the IFTTT integration because I hesitate really between the Insteon Hub and Wink Hub. And my choice goes to the Wink Hub because there are more devices compatible. So I vote for the IFTTT integration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes I also vote for IFTTT integration for Insteon.
                              There are already IFTTT channels for Smart Things and Wink.
                              So Insteon should integrate as soon as possible.
                              Regards Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X