Sunset & Sunrise +/- minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset & Sunrise +/- minutes

One thing I liked about my old X10 - JDS controller was to allow for time before Sunrise/Sunset or time after Sunrise/Sunset. It was actually a offset so the lights could turn on (example) 30 minutes before Sunset. I think the interface could handle the change, just would need logic in the software to accomplish a very need feature. I don't want to configure a sensor for this either

I've been asking for the same +/- minutes capability since switching to Insteon in 2012. Expand the request to have +/- minutes (random) "security" around any time setting like the old X10 did in the 1970's !!

Comment

It's a frequent request in the forums. The ISY controllers and HouseLinc both offer that feature, but the Hub alone only supports fixed clock times or dusk or dawn. I suspect it's a hardware limitation of the microcontroller used by the Hub, otherwise I expect they would've added it by now.

Comment

+1 Some lighting scenarios require lights prior to sunset (eg ~30 mins).

Comment

+1. Please!

Comment

+1 here, too. It appears to be the only way to get numbers of my X10 devices to turn on/off at about sunset/sunrise. I did submit a feedback request. Did you?

Comment

+1 here as well. Without this random +/- 30 minute feature, my dad will not migrate to Insteon. He likes this security feature that his current X10 tabletop controller provides. Here's hoping we'll see this in the near future.

Comment

Absolutely agree, the "security" option for timed events should be added!
                ---------------------------------------
                Jim
                Samsung Galaxy (Android):
                - Tab 7 (2.3.5 Gingerbread)
                - Tab 10.1 (4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich)
                - Note 10.1 (4.1.2 Jelly Bean)
                - Note Pro 12.2 (5.1.1 Lollipop)
                - J3 Sky TracFone (6.0.1)
                Netgear C6300 Gateway Router / Time Warner Cable
                50 Insteon / 28 X10 / 2 IP Cameras
                Hub 1 (failed 2017)
                Hub 2 (2014)
                Amazon Echo, Echo Dot (2), Show

Comment

I'd also like the +/- from Sunrise/Sunset. Something is calculating the sunrise/sunset times based on the location. This time changes reasonably frequently. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to add an offset to that value.

Comment

+1 Please implement the offset - I doubt there is a hardware problem, shouldn't be difficult. I just moved from the HouseLinc software to Hub 2 and was shocked the base feature like this missing in a Gen 2 device! Even the dumb programmable timers have that... To make matters worse, the new Hub doesn't support HouseLinc. Please get the Offset feature (and the Security random offset if you could) into the new Hub software. Thanks!

Comment

+1 Another important thing is Safety. Some parts of the house are dark enough to trip over furniture just before the 'sunset' lights come on.

Comment

+1 Would love to have an offset ability

Comment

The Hub simply does not have the power to have such conditional programming.
                          That's why it is so much more affordable than the ISY.

It really just comes down to hardware. For +/- times of sunset/sunrise the ISY is a phenomenal device. For every other condition as well, it's an excellent controller and I couldn't recommend it more. Only drawback is the price tag.
                          http://www.smarthome.com/isy994i-hom...-band-plm.html

The Hub doesn't have the same capability, but for $39.99 it's pretty impressive.
                          http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2245-222-hub.html

Comment

Can Insteon tell us how the sunset is calculated? I tried changing location, by name and by Long/Lat, and still get the same sunset time. Can we offset our hub time?

Comment

Originally posted by cdecker View Post
                              The Hub simply does not have the power to have such conditional programming.
                              That's why it is so much more affordable than the ISY.
                              Is the hardware really that bad that it can't handle what should be pretty simple conditional triggers?

Comment

Working...
                              X