Resume Power State - On / Off - Dim - For plug in devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resume Power State - On / Off - Dim - For plug in devices

In the past one of the features of the Insteon On / Off, Dimmer Links was the resume feature. So if power was lost and the On / Off modules was on. Once power was restored it would return to that last known state. This feature should be brought back with the ability to turn it off via software or hardware selections.

This provides added value and flexibility to the users unique environment. It also goes with out saying X10 should be continued to be supported even though its a legacy product. It provides Insteon marketing power in being able to say we still support it and if you have some it will operate with Insteon.

Teken . . .
    Teken . . .

When did the Resume feature go away? I bought a few plug-in modules a few months ago and they all resume their state after a power outage. The ability to selectively disable Resume is a great idea.

Absolutely yes on continuing support for X10. Even the latest version of the Hub supports basic commands and scheduling (just can't be scene members). I believe support for legacy products helps bolster brand loyalty and gives people confidence to invest in new devices, knowing that they won't soon be unnecessarily obsoleted.

Comment

For the 2456S3 ApplianceLinc. It was hardware 4.15 and 4.2. Earlier and later hardware revisions resumed at last known state.
      For the 2856SB Icon On/Off modules it was 4.1.

Comment

I wanted to update this thread and affirm that the newest dual band, dual outlet linc device from Smartlabs. Does indeed have a resume power state for each individual outlet.
        Teken . . .

Comment

Thanks for the in person findings for the Dual Band Dual Outlet Module.

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
            Thanks for the in person findings for the Dual Band Dual Outlet Module.

No problem, I just like to keep the threads I am in updated. As many people simply never do and its hard to find out the information with out sifting through countless threads to find that one nugget of information.
            Teken . . .

Comment

I wanted to update this thread with the devices known to have resume last known state: Micro On / Off, Micro Dimmer, Dual Outlet Linc. If anyone has any other (new) devices and would like to update this thread please do.

Please indicate the hardware production and release date along with ISY / HUB firmware as this will assist those with a point of reference. I shall append the information for mine when I can review the ISY UI.
              Teken . . .

Comment

The latest On-Off module with hardware Rev 1.1S produced in 3014 also has last known state.
                Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
                X