Apple Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Watch

If you are experiencing issues with your Insteon app through the Apple Watch, please state your issue and what hub you are using with the app, e.i. Hub I (2012) or Hub II (2014).

Thank you

I have an issue where every time I use the Apple Watch to control a light, the iPhone app is logged off. If I want to use it again I have to log back in. Other people have noted similar behavior. I have a Hub 1. http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...gging-into-hub

Comment

I have been using the Apple Watch App successfully to control several devices but have a problem with a scene. On the watch the scene only gives me the option to turn on. There is no option to turn off. The same scene can be turned on and off on the iPhone App. I am using Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      20 Insteon Modules
      Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
        BetaTestCoordinator commented
        Editing a comment
        The Watch app enables you to select normal or advanced control options. Selecting the advanced control option allows you to turn scenes ON and OFF.

Thanks for your response, the change did work. I did notice that when I change the setting on the iPhone Watch App from standard to advanced and then exit and go back in it shows standard as checked. I uninstalled and reinstalled on the watch after checking advanced, same thing. The good news is that even though the checkmark reverts back to standard, the scene does work in the advanced state on the watch so I can turn devices on and off.
      20 Insteon Modules
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

I am unable to see my insteon camera on my Apple Watch. The device is available to select, but it will not display the picture I see on my iPhone 6 App. It only shows a camera with a line through it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the watch app. I have advanced scenes checked. I am using Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222.
        20 Insteon Modules
        HD Camera 2864-22X
        SD Camera 75790
        iPhone 7
        Apple Watch

Comment

• BetaTestCoordinator
          BetaTestCoordinator commented
          Editing a comment
          Please ensure your camera's are port forwarded if you are attempting to view them through your phone's cell connection. If your camera's are not port forwarded or your connection is slow, you may have trouble viewing the camera's from any device.

Yes my camera port is forwarded in my router. I can view the camera on my iPhone App both via local wifi network and remotely via cell. The problem is between the iPhone App and the Watch App. I have the camera picture on my phone but the watch app displays a camera with a line through it.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.
        20 Insteon Modules
        HD Camera 2864-22X
        SD Camera 75790
        iPhone 7
        Apple Watch

Comment

I also have the Hub 1 and same as Alric, if I have not logged into the insteon app on my phone in a while the command from the watch has no effect and when I open the app on my phone it has logged me out. Very frustrating, I would like to be able to use the watch app but it is essentially useless unless I take out my phone and launch the app there first.

Comment

I have the 2012 Hub and am having the same issues with the integration of my Apple Watch (running watchOS3) with my iPhone (6S running iOS 10). The watch app appears to be operating correctly, but nothing happens. It lists the correct favorites, devices and scenes, but when commanding a device to turn on/off, nothing happens. When I open the Insteon app on my iPhone, I discover I'm logged out. Today, the watch app froze, requiring me to "force quit".

Comment

I'm experiencing the problem above on my Apple Watch - I go into insteon settings in the Apple Watch app and switch to advanced scene control. I leave and return and it reverts to standard. Unlike above, it doesn't actually take - I can only turn the scene on. I've tried every combination of installing and uninstalling the Watch app with the settings checked or not. Rebooted the Watch various install and uninstall configurations. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone.

Has as anyone experienced this? Resolved it?

hub 2. Watch series 2. iPhone 7. Scenes control wall dimmers only.

Comment

Finally got an Apple Watch and was looking forward to trying the Insteon app but it doesn’t appear to be available... does anyone know what’s up?
                Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
                Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
                53 Insteon devices

Comment

Originally posted by kenrok1 View Post
                  Finally got an Apple Watch and was looking forward to trying the Insteon app but it doesn’t appear to be available... does anyone know what’s up?
                  I have the exact same problem. Even though I have the “Insteon for Hub” app installed on my iPhone X and running perfectly, I don’t see the Insteon app on the Available Apps list of the MyWatch App...

Does anybody knows whats going on?

Thanks and best regards...

Comment

Insteon Director doesn't show up as an available app on my Apple watch 4. App works fine on other iOS devices. Do I have the wrong app installed?

Comment

Working...
                    X