No announcement yet.

Camera Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quest is to control cameras not learn code .

Comment

Everything is based off you investing in the right products. The ISY starts it because it becomes the brains to including everything. There's an app I use to use called command fusion (iviewer) which would then tie in everything in should you desire an app based approach along with the proper interface should you want to mount tablets around the house. Its not cheap (license is about 120 I believe) however, looks wise it's something to be proud of.

Comment

I don't use insteon cameras. I feel that there are much better cameras and applications out there. With that said, I don't believe in staring at cameras all day so having the best app for cameras mean more than using a single specific camera app.

When I did use Insteon cameras (before command fusion) I used IP cam viewer or foscam app.

Comment

Insteon are you watching after all its your forum?
          I agree with lilyoyo1 that its to much work.

Comment

I never said its to much work. Its about using the proper tools for the job. Im not a fan of the size of insteon cameras personally. Regardless of what I would use, i'd still use what is best available for my needs rather than anything specific. I'm blessed that my current system allows me to accomplish all that I want (never use the app though) but should that change, I am willing to change with it.

To be honest, I have found 3rd party devices generally do much better than the mfg. does for the most part.

Comment

Yeah it seems like were there guinea pigs right ?

Comment

I'm all trial and failed out , move along 7 million dollars !

Comment

I wish that I had 7 million dollars. In some ways we are the guinea pigs but in others its simply the world we live in. Many people simply either don't want to properly invest in what they want (companies know this) so you end up with half baked designs. The others either want ease of use which limits how much they put into something or they will have someone else do it for them which will generally have many more features.

For me its like the old saying, you can have fast, good, or cheap. You can get 2 of the 3 but not all 3.

For this situation, you can have cheap, easy, or full of features. You can have 2 of the 3 but not all 3

Comment

Insteon is reading these forums, so lets not pretend to think Insteon doesn't care about petty requests. They want to read forums like this to precede with research on how to improve there products so we need to keep challenging and engaging. Lots of money equals stock market someday Insteon !!

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
                      Everything is based off you investing in the right products. The ISY starts it because it becomes the brains to including everything. There's an app I use to use called command fusion (iviewer) which would then tie in everything in should you desire an app based approach along with the proper interface should you want to mount tablets around the house. Its not cheap (license is about 120 I believe) however, looks wise it's something to be proud of.
                      Not sure what you mean here. Insteon will provide this solution to the madness please have patients.

Comment

If you say so.

Comment

At the end of the day, Insteon (as with any company) will do what is right for them within the boundaries that they set for themselves. No company gets into business to lose money so whatever products they come out with will work within the parameters that they set for themselves.

This could mean newer products that has more capability (added cost to reflect additional features) etc. What is less likely is a complete redoing of a 3 year old product that is already in many peoples hand. It makes no business sense to spend money on a complete overhaul of said existing products.

Comment

Yes! Your! Right!

Comment

Working...
                            X