camera firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camera firmware

Trying to upgrade firmware on my outdoor cameras.
    Had these for a couple years and checked website for firmware version.
    My cameras show version 1.4.1.9 and on insteon website it shows version 11.35.2.59 to download.
    I get 2 files, when extracted
    device firmware 11.35.2.59 bin
    device web ui firmware 2.001.20.6bin
    try to load both files individually and both say update error, and then reboots camera.
    Thanks

Did you verify. The firmware was for your model cameras?
    Some of the older ones have been replaced by newer models.

Comment

I have not, Mine are what I would call 1st generation from what they have out now, silver not white.
      Will have to check model number and compare.
      Only reason I did not check that far into it is due to Insteon not having anything for that exact camera and was thinking maybe that firmware would work on both styles.They must have given up on my model that I have 3 of.
      Only could get 2 to work correctly, as soon as I tried to install the 3rd one it threw everything out of whack with the other 2 so I just put in a closet for now.
      Not a fan of these, they seem to conflict with settings with ea. other.
      When I try to set motion area of second one it screws with the settings of the other one? don't get it.
      Thanks

Comment

Software for cameras is very specific. Upgrading to software not designed for a specific camera can cause the camera to become useless. This can happen even if it's an identical camera with a different revision.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X