is the ED 0x30 Trigger ALL-Link Command still supported on newer switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the ED 0x30 Trigger ALL-Link Command still supported on newer switches

i know this existed on older i2 devices, but was curious if it is still implemented on newer i2cs devices

i like the concept but the implementation was a little difficult.i remember having to create a link from the plm to the switch in order to use the command.

if the cmd still exists, i was hoping someone could give me an example of how to use it without a link from the plm
    Author of the Insteon Homeseer Plugin (HS2, HS3, HS4)

That command as well as the all on off commands have been removed from insteon devices

Comment

The All On/All Off command was included in the original Insteon protocol because X10 had it. One could issue the command to affect all lighting devices with the same house code. Insteon devices do not have house codes, so it really served no purpose. As lilyoyo1 indicated, the "All" code has subsequently been removed. I don't have an exact date, but it was after I2CS was implemented.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X