Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting an account?

Hi all, new here.

My Insteon hub failed and the folks at Smarthome were kind enough to replace it at no cost. So after connecting the new hub and not being able to figure out how to get into setup, I just started a new account with a different email address. After that, things went smoothly. Everything is back up and running.

Now what I would like to do it delete my old account and change the email I used on the new account back to the old email address is possible. Is this doable? For the life of me, I can't figure out how to delete my old account.

Thanks!

You need to reach out to support.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks. Will do.

Comment

Does anyone at Insteon support actually answer emails? I've had no luck at all.

Comment

Once you contact support you need to request a deletion of your previous email tied to the account. You will also need to delete your current hub account. You can't just swap emails. You will have to start the process over again if you want to use your original email. Calling smarthome customer service is the easiest way to get this accomplished.
          Last edited by SteveL; 12-19-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X