Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon plug-in dimmer module 2457D2 turns off randomly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon plug-in dimmer module 2457D2 turns off randomly.

I have our holiday lights set up on a scene with 5 plug-in dimmer modules (2457D2) and I have one that turns off occasionally. I have a single 50 light string of incandescent bulbs connected to this one. All of the other modules stay on (with various loads). There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I can discern, but that unit turns off on its own. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a known resolution? User error is not suspected, but always possible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks in advance.

What are you using for software? Remove the device from your software, factory reset it and then re-add it back

Comment

Swap the dimmer module with one that you know works correctly. Does the problem follow the module or the load?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X