garage door opener programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garage door opener programming

Quit awhile ago I had programmed the opener and a 4 button mini remote.
    Yesterday for some reason the door would only open and close using the same side of button.
    Pressing the right side twice opens door and flashes green, pressing right side twice flashes green and closes.
    Left side does nothing but flash red where it use to close the door.
    My IPhone app still works correctly where on opens and off closes.
    Don't remember, but does the right side of key pad need programming and left side get programmed separately?
    Thanks for any info.

That depends on whether your Mini remote is in 8-button of 4-button mode and the scenes you created. It seems that you may have inadvertently changed the mode. Check that first.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Well I did check the mini remote and I did still have it set as a 4 button.
      I removed the door opener from the scene and uninstalled the I/O controller from my iPhone app.
      Reinstalled the I/O " added" to app on phone and added device again.
      Still will not work.
      Called tech support and they logged into my hub,they could not figure it out as they were getting the same results as me and said they would have to escalate the issue to the next level support and call me back sometime later.
      So this is where I am at right now and what is happening.
      Removed mini remote from the equation just to simplify problems, just trying to get it to work with the iPhone.
      On the phone app," off" will cause the white LED on I/O controller to flash 3 times and door opens. White LED stays on, and in turn screws up my wired wall door switch by cutting power off to it, never happened before.
      To close door I have to tap" on" button then tap "off" button.
      At this point now my wired door button on wall has no lights so it will not work until I press the on button on app again.
      Same thing for using the side set button on controller
      press once ,door opens LED stays lit
      press set again and white LED goes off
      press set ,LED flashes and door closes.
      Hope this mess makes sense, because not to me.
      Plus the red indicator on phone app will not work anymore when door is open.

Comment

Which specific wired wall switch? Which specific Hub? Which Hub app?

Virtually all (but not necessarily all) garage door openers use the same command to both open and close the garage door. In particular, if the door is open, clicking the remote closes the door and if it's closed, then clicking the same button opens the garage door. Does yours work that way?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

insteon hub 2245-222
          yes, door opener has 2 buttons, one for light and one button for open/close
          insteon for hub app: app version 1.15.3

Comment

You missed a key question, the first. And here's another, which specific garage door sensor?

Comment

wired wall switch is the 2 button one that came with door opener.
              not sure when you ask specific garage door sensor?
              But the magnetic 2 piece set that came with the I/O link garage kit will not cause a red dot on my phone app to show door is open.
              Nothing has been changed or from where it was working great for over a year

Comment

Does the Sensor LED on the I/O Linc go On and Off, as the included garage door kit sensor changes state?

Comment

door closed
                  status led on I/O is on
                  wall control switch dead
                  pressing ON in phone app,wall switch gets power back
                  LED status light on I/O goes out
                  pressing ON in phone app, nothing happens on wall switch or status LED
                  pressing OFF in phone app, status LED blinks 3 times and door opens then status LED stays lit
                  wall switch goes dead again.
                  at this point have to repeat process ,
                  so I have to press ON every time to sort of reset something.
                  During all this, the RED indicator on phone app never indicates the door is open or yellow to shown unknown door staus.
                  Always stays greyed out
                  Using the side SET button on I/O , one press will open door but have to press twice for it to close,same as having to constantly hit the ON button on phone app

Comment

well , for what its worth
                    I replaced the I/O switch, left everything else that was initially installed like the 2 piece garage door sensors and wires that came with it.
                    All works like it should now, even red indicator on phone app when door is open
                    Removed scene and deleted original I/O from app before installing new I/O.
                    Also removed both yesterday and re installed but did not help.
                    One thing I noticed is with the wires factory connected to the I/O and door sensors, and the bundle of wires that go to the door opener,there is extra wire that does not seat totally into the terminals and may have touched together, with power receptacle in ceiling and angle of wires away from it.
                    I trimmed as much wire off so they seat down to the white insulation and no bare wire showing.

Comment

well my success was short lived.
                      one of my plug in wall module dimmers never shut off.
                      Opened app on phone to check schedule settings.could not connect to hub.
                      went to my hub and noticed the green light was off and not red.
                      the hub appears to have died , no power

Comment

Have you tried a power cycle on the HUB?
                        Sometime electronics can lock up with some noise on the power lines.

Comment

yes, held set button in, plugged in power cord and waited 30 sec and nothing, totally dead
                          I did search some and seen the capacitor on C4 and C7 locations could be bad.Opened up and cant see visually that they leaked or swelled up in size.Unit almost 3 years old so warranty is out I am sure.
                          Looks like a nightmare replacing with a new unit.

Comment

took hub to local electronics store to try and buy some capacitors.
                            Was told that by the appearance of the board more than just those caps died, in the process of them getting fried, it took out those really small capacitors on the board.
                            Wasn't worth the hassle going shooting in the dark, after that.cancelled my account and set up a new hub. About 12 of my devices out of 25, I could reinstall with just the ID numbers given to me via email attachment from support.
                            In the process of manually adding the others by doing the " set" button configuration.So far those manual installs are also being recognized and programmed.

Comment

General purpose capacitors may not work in a few of the capacitor locations. In a HUB, 2413 PLM or Hardware Revision 2 of the 2443 Access Points.

One or two of the capacitors are in a switching type power supply.
                              If you don't use capacitors made for a switching power supply. They will not work or may last a real short time.

Comment

Working...
                              X