Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to link two 8 button keypads together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to link two 8 button keypads together?

How to link two 8 button keypads together? I have 10 circuits in a closet that control lights in family room, kitchen , dining and fireplace areas. I replaced old HAI controllers with Insteon dimmers and the Insteon hub 2422 and two 8 button keypads on either end of large open area. The old removed 8 button keypads seemed to be linked, if button B was pressed both controllers would light up button B and the scene could be turned on or off by either keypad. I want to set up the new Insteon 8 button keypads the same way (also neither keypad controls a load, the red wire is capped). What I want to do is program button B on both keypads to turn on the kitchen lights scene (4 circuits) and if button B is pressed again from either keypad the scene will go off and neither keypad still has button B illuminated. Can this be done?

That's accomplished by cross-kinking the desired buttons. Create a scene for each button that you want cross-linked and make each button that you want linked together a contoller of those buttons' scene. That's it.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I tried adding both buttons as controllers to the scene but that did not get the result I wanted, then I changed both button to "both" which was both a controller and a responder and voila it did what I wanted. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
      X