2477SA-1 causing lights to flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2477SA-1 causing lights to flicker

The 2477SA-1 switch has been operating flawlessly for months. Through trial and error, not necessarily scientific, but by turning off the circuit breaker to the switch, the flickering stops. The flickering has nothing to do with the power on/off cycle, lights, primarily LED, flicker intermittently whether the load is on or off. Just the fact that it is on the circuit. Turning off the circuit breaker stops the flickering. The switch operates a pool pump. What other troubleshooting can I do?

Try pulling out the set button/tab. That will remove power from the switch without affecting other devices on the circuit. Does the flickering stop? What is flickering?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The 2477SA-1 220V heavy duty module. Can you disconnect it and leave anything else on the same circuit running?
      That may help in seeing if anything else on the circuit is causing issues.

Comment

Not sure where the button/tab might be on this. I performed a factory reset, it's intermittent so I am waiting to see. The only load on the circuit is the 3/4hp pool pump and Jandy Pool Chlorinator. Chlorinator only runs when the pump is running. Coincidentally I have a second 2477SA-1 for the spa pump. If the flickering continues, I will swap the loads. The second responder does not have the issue; if the breaker is on to the spa pump and not running, and the breaker is off to the pool pump, there is no flickering. With the breaker on to the pool pump, whether running or not, there is flickering. ALL of the LED lights in the house flicker, including the ones not connected to an Insteon responder. Note, the only control for the two 2477 is the hub via apps, no controller switch is used. If I have to reopen the electric panel I will also recheck all the connections. But like I said, this was all running flawlessly since the install up until now.

Comment

Update: After changing the load to the other 2477SA, the issue continued. So my unscientific testing seems to have eliminated the 2477SA. I have taken the Jandy pool chlorinator out of the circuit and that appears to be the culprit. I like to give each change 24 hours to observe, so later this afternoon I will put the Jandy back in the circuit to see if the issue returns. Thanks for every ones input!

Comment

Working...
          X