Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scene Trigger when KPL button toggled Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene Trigger when KPL button toggled Off?

Hi, is there any way to trigger a scene when a keypadlinc (2334-222) button is turned off? I can easily do this when the button is toggled on but I need to trigger a scene also when it is turned off.

Here's the scenario… one of the buttons on my keypad is called "Away" and triggers a scene to lower the blinds (and prevents them from raising per schedule), turns off all for the lights, and eventually will adjust the thermostats. I am trying to add an outlet to the scene so I can also power off equipment that collectively consumes about 60W in idle/standby mode. Three of the devices I want to turn off when "Away" are my cable modem, my wifi router, and my ISY99i and PLM. When I return, I want to toggle the "Away" button off and trigger another scene to power on the outlet. I can easily do this with the ISY99i but since it's plugged into the outlet being controlled, it's offline - hence the need to do this with a scene.

A related but less important issue I'm having is I'd also like to turn off the "Away" scene (turn the outlet on) when any light is turned on. I tried creating a "Not Away" scene that has the outlet as a responder and the lights as controllers. This does let me turn on the outlet when any switch is turned on but it also turns off the outlet when the lights are off and I don't want that. I need the outlet to only be turned on when the lights are turned on and I will use the "Away" button to turn the outlet off.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Since you are turning your router off as well, there is nothing you can do. If the router stayed on, you could buy a wemo plug and use the app to turn on the outlet you want. Outside of that there is nothing you can do.

You could also buy a separate insteon wireless remote and keep it by the door. While it sucks to go through multiple steps, you could tap the remote to turn the ISY back on. Personally, I say leave it on at all times. The energy use is minimal especially in regards to time effort it takes to accomplish what you are trying to do.

I have my ISY plugged into a controlled outlet which is controlled by my hub. I use it only when I need to reboot my ISY then I am able to use the hub app to the. The outlet back on

Comment

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I also know I'm making this more complicated than I need to - but that's part of the fun ;-)

I did have another thought last night. Since switches seem to behave differently than KPL buttons (I'm making a distinction between the button that directly controls a load vs the other buttons that just send commands) as far as scenes go, I may be able to take advantage of this. The load controller button will turn the scene on and off so all I need to do is figure out how to have a scene where the outlet is on when the switch is off, and off when it is on. If anyone knows how to do that without using the hub, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comment

The ISY can do that. So can 3rd party software, but software requires that a computer be powered on 24/7. The ISY does not.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X