Strobing load group when turning on other groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EVIL Teken View Post
    Sounds to me the fluorescent are in need of looking into depending upon the type of ballasts used they can cause a huge inrush current spike. This may very well be what you're seeing on the other Insteon devices which are strobing and pulsing up and down.
    Forgot to update this. All of the fluorescents are removed and replaced with LEDs. We still had the weird pulsing of the hall lights. What we had to do was replace the Insteon dimmer with an Insteon switchlinc relay, then install an approved dimmer for the lights. It is easily accessible, though not as easy as buttons on keypads, and the user pretty much just leaves it set at the level they like. The only issue we have now is driver noise as the lights are dimmed low....not an Insteon issue.
    Thanks
    Gary
    "It was supposed to work"

Comment

I'm working on a circuit that has one group of relays that is used to switch the power to the load while another group of relays is used to start and stop the load itself. The issue I'm having with this circuit is that when I attempt to turn on the second group of relays, it takes about a second for the power from the first relay to go away before it begins switching power to the load.

Comment

Working...
      X