Problems adding 2476D dimmers to ISY994i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems adding 2476D dimmers to ISY994i

I'm trying to add two 2476D dimmers to a new ISY994i. I have already added successfully several similar dimmers in other rooms.

Two issues:

1. for some reason one dimmer controls both circuits. If I click the right dimmer both dimmers activate.

2. When I try to add dimmers to ISY i get error "Cannot determine Insteon engine. See attached pics.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

-ari
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

1. How can you click the dimmer if you can't add it?

2. Scroll down the list and select the correct device before adding it. Any success?

The best place for ISU help is the manufacturer's forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com/
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Here's a video of the issue: http://youtu.be/rQ5TRJyzIsE

Comment

That's easy to fix if you have not added the device to the ISY.

Hold the set button on the controlling device (the one on the right) until the LED starts blinking green and the SwitchLinc beeps. Release and hold the set button a second time until the LED starts blinking red and the SwitchLinc beeps.

Within four minutes hold the set button on the responding device (the one on the left) until the first SwitchLinc stops blinking.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Thanks a lot, problem solved. I somehow accidentally linked these two dimmers together when I tried to add them to ISY for the first time.

Thanks again.

Comment

After unlinking these two ISY can discover them as well.

Comment

It's not uncommon, in fact it happens a lot, that in the excitement of playing with new toys they are inadvertently linked.

Some people never group. And I probably never will

Comment

Working...
              X