occupancy mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

occupancy mode

Could someone tell me me, when occupancy mode is turned on for a motion sensor that has a scene set up with lights to come on when motion is sensed, how long lights will stay on when manually turned on without motion before it reverts back to turning off and on lights when motion is noticed?
    I thought using the turning off scene option would work but it has you going through the set button steps all over again.
    Is there just a simple bypass option if you just want the light to work bypassing sensor?
    thanks
    Just checked turning on occupancy mode has me needing to press the set button on the MS for it to remember,
    I would think somehow a simple bypass on settings would be great.
    maybe just easier to cover the sensor with something when planning on working in the garage where MS is located instead of reprogramming everything.
    Last edited by rajung; 02-23-2018, 07:12 PM.

It's not possible to bypass the effect of the motion sensor without the use of something more sophisticated, such as an ISY (hardware) or Insteon software which is OS dependent. A work-around is to use an external power supply and control the power supply using an Insteon device.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

stu. as in powering the motion sensor with line voltage( 120v) converted down instead of battery and using a on/off switch module in line with that?
      My current set up is using the wall paddle light switch scened with MS.

Comment

Since your motion sensor is directly linked to your switch, the switch will allows listen to the motion sensor. There is no way around that

What Stusviews is suggesting is powering your motion sensor by a controlled outlet. This way will allow you to turn off the motion sensor when it isn't needed. Since there no power to it, there can not be any commands controlling your lights when you don't want it to.

Comment

What Stusviews is suggesting is powering your motion sensor by a controlled outlet.
          So that would mean powering the MS with a transformer, since it is battery powered, correct?

Comment

That's correct. A controlled outlet or even a plug-in device. But, it must be an On/Off device, not a dimmer.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

thanks again.
              This would not even be an issue if the MS could really tell the difference between daylight and darkness, it is more like any kind of shade its triggered no matter where I put the settings.
              Has to be the worst prod. in the line

Comment

The Insteon Motion Sensor 2 has a motion override button that will temporarily stop motion input.

I'm in a similar situation as well, but haven't yet pulled the trigger on purchasing the new sensor to try out.

Comment

I will have to check out, I have one of the newer ones in a drawer that I have not used yet.
                  Just checked, the newer on I have is model 2844-222
                  only 2 buttons on top, set and motion, quick look at worthless inst. sheet says to press motion to disable, .
                  may have to use this one in place of the other one.
                  thanks for the info as this one may have stayed in closet.
                  Side note, nice to see it can be micro USB powered which helps in my situation in above posts.
                  Now to see how daylight/night mode work.And with a pull off plastic tab to make battery connection, it must not use a 9 volt battery for power as the one I currently have set up.Looked today for ac/dc power adapters and all of them have straight pin style connectors missing the 2 prong style for the square 9 volt , must be a thing of the past.
                  thanks again
                  Last edited by rajung; 02-24-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

The new motion sensor uses a USB power supply which is 5VDC, not 9VDC. You'll need a right angle USB connector which is sold by SH. The Owner's Manual has load's of good info. You'll miss a lot if you don't go through the Owner's Manual for each Insteon device that you own. Just discovering what you did about the buttons makes the manual worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X