Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441Th installed, now what?

Hi,

So after a ton of reading on these forums I got my new thermostat installed. My old one wasn't using the blue C wire (but it was there!) so after connecting that on both ends, success!!

Ok, so now what? Do I program them through the hub interface or do I program them using the buttons on the thermostat (like my old thermostat)?

Thanks,
    Jason

I programmed using the thermostat and use the Hub as needed.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

ok, thanks I got it all set up. Not as super cool and techno as I thought it would be without being able to set times and temperatures from the app. So a couple more questions.

Can I set the Auto mode with the 4 triggers during the day, Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep, to not have the cooling option? No AC here.

Second questions is there a way to set the heating temperature differential?

And third question, has anybody else experienced that the temperature sensor is not very sensitive? It takes much longer for the temperature to change on the thermostat. I've dropped my temperature settings to accommodate that but again, not super cool.

thanks,
      Jason

Comment

It's not possible to disable a feature. I'm not aware of any thermostat that allows that. Simply ignore the AC settings. The differential cannot be changed. Some thermostats allow increasing, but not decreasing the differential.

I'm not sure what you mean by not sensitive. Every thermostat needs a minimum temperature change, otherwise the system could constantly cycle.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X