Another 2 wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 2 wire question

I am a 6 zone taco controller and I can quite figure out how to connect it to 2441TH thermostat.

There are only 2 zone connections but there is are 24v connections. I thought it would be simple but my connections didn't work.

Here are pics of the zone controller. The thermostat connections are just labeled "T" and there is a 24V connection with a common terminal.

Can someone give me an idea how to make the connections to the Insteon thermostat?

Thanks!!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

There are several Taco 6-zone control panels. which specific one do you have? Do you have both heating and cooling? Do you have a heat pump? What thermostat are you using now?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It's heat only configured as a cold start boiler. Works fine with conventional battery powered thermostats with RH and RC tied together and W1. I was worried about frying my Insteon units without knowing what voltages were. Didn't have a voltmeter with me and I was 100 miles from home.

This is the model. I think I just need to figure out which of the thermostat connectors is 24V (Both labeled as T) connect it to 24RH, connect the other side to W1 and then use the common connection 24V Com.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by KN_TL; 10-31-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

One of the connections labelled X (to boiler) is one end of the 24VAC supply and one of the connects to the thermostat is the other end. You will need a voltmeter.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I think I found the answer. The only difference is mine are labeled T. I need to just verify with a voltmeter.

There is a diagram on the taco web site that describes a simple configuration that lets you connect a 3wire WiFi thermostat requiring a "c" terminal without external 24v power supplies etc. The thermostat terminals on the SR-504 Are labeled "X" and "X", suggesting it makes no difference which terminal you put red or which terminal you put white on. However in the three wire configuration, it is essential that white is on the left and red is on the right. Then attach the "C" wire to the "common" terminal on the SR – 504 and you should be good to go

Comment

One side of the 24VAC is at X, the other is at T. [X - X] connects to the boiler and has 24VAC only when there's a call for heat.

Comment

Working...
            X