2732-242 Wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2732-242 Wiring help

Hello everyone! Im new here and new to Insteon in general. I've been enjoying the devices thus far. However; I have recently acquired the Heat Pump thermostat listed in my post title and have a question in regard to wiring. My current thermostat is a White-Rodgers model 1F82-261 that has a jumper wire going between the AUX and EMERGENCY connections (W2 and E, respectively). I understand that this means I have a dual heat system on my heat pump. How do I accommodate for this with the Insteon wiring? It doesn't appear to be an option according to the wiring diagram provided. I think I have the other wiring figured out after cross-referencing the manuals but I'm a little confused on the jumper. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

The jumper on the White-Rogeres thermostat is for when you do NOT have dual heat. What is the result when you wire the Insteon thermostat according to the Owner's Manual?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I don't know.....I haven't hooked it up yet because I wasn't sure what to do about this. If the jumper wire is for when I do NOT have dual heat....I gues i can just hook it up per the manual and not worry about it.

Comment

Update.... I finally wired it all up and its working fine so far. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
        X