2441TH Wiring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441TH Wiring Question

At my furnace I have R-W-Y-G-T. Y and T go off to the AC unit somewhere. With another wire from Y going up to the thermostat.

At my thermostat I have G-RC-RH-Y/0-W/B with RC and RH jumped together.

With my volt meter on RC, I get 28 volts across G-Y and W regardless if the heat is on or not.

I also have a spare wire bent back and not connected to anything at both ends.

My question is can use this thermostat? Is 28v to much for something that requires 24v?

Can I just jump any of those wires over to the 24vac?

Measure the voltage between R and T at the furnace. It should be about 24VAC. If it's 28V, that's OK.

What is the result?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It was 28v. I saw on a Lennox forum that they were treating the T as a common.

It worked and is up and running!

Thanks Stu!

Comment

Hello Dawged, I have also read in an article source that the voltage must be between 24 to 28V. If it is between these voltage then no need to worry.

Comment

Working...
        X