Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2732-292 Thermostats not Programmble Using Insteon Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2732-292 Thermostats not Programmble Using Insteon Hub?

I just installed two 2732-292 thermostats as the 2441 was not available. They are supposedly the same unit. I had to connect a third wire between the thermostat and the controller as the HVAC installers had only used two wires for simple thermostats. I had been using battery operated programmable thermostats that provided a simple switch closure to active the heater. Luckily the cables in the walls had five conductors so I was able to run the 24VAC COMMON using the blue wire.

I thought I would be able to program the thermostats thru my Insteon Hub but I guess that is not the case. Does anyone know of an APP that allows you to do that? I did manage to program the units using the buttons on the front of the units, but it takes some getting used to. I am able to access the thermostats on my Insteon iPhone APP and can tell the temp, the set point, and if the unit is actively heating. I can also adjust the set point using the phone intreface. Pretty cool.

Another question: the units runs on 24VAC and when the power goes out the program is stored in EEPROM so it won't be lost (allegedly) but what about the time of day? Is there some small energy storage device (capacitor) that powers the clock circuit for some amount of time or does the time revert to 12:00?

Are the thermostats the only insteon devices that you have? You may be out of range of the hub

Comment

The thermostat is sold by a retailer other than SH and should work. It's RF only. Do you have any other Insteon dual-band devices within range of the thermostat?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Haven't seen the replies until just now:
        1. lilyoyo1: I have other Insteon devices (swtiches) that work fine with the hub. The Hub also allows me to control the thermostats, so the link is good.
        2. stusviews: What thermostat are you talking about?
        3. What is the ISY?
        Thanks all.

Comment

The thermostat is sold by a retailer other than SH and should work. It's RF only.

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Buy the INSTEON Thermostat with Humidity at a super low price. This gadget also preserves the settings in non-volatile memory in case of any power failure. as a Mini Remote, KeypadLinc** or your smartphone using the INSTEON Hub.

oursainsburys
            Last edited by Domino514; 05-28-2021, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X