Dimmer Micro Module 2442-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer Micro Module 2442-222

Im starting a new lighting project over my sink, I am looking at a dimmable LED ceiling light that is going to be used more for a night light than anything, I am looking to install the Insteon 2442-222 Dimmer module, and program it to turn on/off via Universal Devices software does anyone know will the light come on half brightness if turned off in half brightness ? I was trying the dimmable modules and if I turn off the light at half brightness it turns back on at full brightness. Im thinking I can program the Universal Devices software to have it come on half brightness if anything.
    Thanks

Do you mean the Universal Devices hardware and not software, that is an ISY? If so, which ISY?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yes I have the Universal Devices ISY 9941 ZW/IR/PRO/X10 version also use the Universal Devices Software

Comment

Just so you'll know when you post again and so that you'll get accurate information, the device is an ISY994i <---that's a lower case letter i, not the number 1 and the ISY does not use software, it uses firmware and a UI (Universal Interface) which must be identical or you can get unanticipated results) [Help, About]. The latest version is 4.6.2.

It does not matter what the brightness of the Micro Module was when you turned it off, it will always turn on at the On-level that you set. If you want the LED bulb to always turn on at 50%, then set it to 50%. You can also, optionally, set the ramp rate.

Create a scene, add whatever device you want to the scene as a controller (e.g., SwitchLinc, keypad button, Mini Remote, etc.) and add the Micro Module as a responder. Controllers appear in red, responders are blue.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks stusviews, your very helpful. Thanks again....

Comment

Working...
          X