Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon is now natively supported in google home !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon is now natively supported in google home !

INSTEON IS NOW NATIVELY SUPPORTED IN GOOGLE HOME !! ENJOY !

http://www.insteon.com/support-knowledgebase/

Just link the service under Home Control. Ensure you assign a room and nickname to each device.

IMPORTANT: Disable all IFTTT/HARMONY workarounds you may have setup in the interim.

Google can turn on/off and dim any light switch or plug now without the IFTTT workaround !!
    Last edited by rverkoey; 01-04-2018, 08:27 AM.

Hooray! Finally!

But, has anyone been able to get this to work so far? I appear to link the service and sign into my account. But the devices never show up

Comment

Thanks Fitz. I suspected that might be the case, but hoped otherwise. While on one hand I understand the desire to keep variables to a minimum in a test environment, it seems kind of off for a home automation solution to not be testing in the environment that most end users will use/see. Increasingly more and more homes will have some type of voice activation device. Is this also true for Amazon Alexa (i.e., not working in Stage environment)?

Unfortunately, this may be my final reason for moving back to production. Especially frustrating in that Asif just sent me another stage hub for a second location that I just finished setting up.

Comment

Hey eagle77 ,

Thanks for trying out the integration!

As TFitzpatri8 mentioned, integration currently requires a production hub. Unfortunately, we don't have a great way to expose our Google Home staging skill to beta testers yet.

While exposing our Google Home skill to staging hubs is something we are exploring, we don't have a timeframe for it right now. We'll let you know if that changes!

​​​​​​​Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Sean. FWIW, I have the benefit of having 2 environments to play in. I removed devices and deleted account of second home today, and then reinstalled my standard, production hub (only 4-5 devices at this site so easy to do). Since I have 2 Android devices, will use one with beta app, and one with production. Linked in Google Home, and all is working great with those devices. Wife is very happy that she can control lights by talking to Google.

I've kept the main home on Stage server and beta app. Let me know if any testing of Home is needed in Stage environment.

Comment

Dears,
            I have many Insteon's devices in my home in Italy. There is any possibility that you will develop the software for the Italian google assistant? Cheers,

Comment

When will we be able to add IO Module?
              I would like to be able to say "open my garage door" when I am driving up to my house in my car.
              Next level would be to ask if the door is open or closed.
              If this is too much, then just treat it like a switch like you do in the app. I can ask to "turn on the garage lights" to close the garage door while you work on something more elaborate.

Comment

In my Italian home, you'll find various products manufactured by Insteon. Is there a chance you'll write the code for Google's Italian virtual assistant? basketball stars
                Last edited by rogerturcotte; 08-09-2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X