Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Garage Door Control with UPS and FIlterLinc

All,

I've recently added a UPS to my Garage Door Control. Before adding the UPS, the garage door control worked fine. Due to adding the UPS, I needed to install a FilterLinc. None of my commands work any more to the Garage Door Control. Is there a solution to this issue? Can I stack all of those components?

Thank you!

Scott

What are you powering with the UPS? Yeas, a filter is needed.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The FilterLinc has to filter the UPS AC input but the I/OLinc can not be on the UPS output or filtered outlet of the FilterLinc. As it needs power line signals to work. That the UPS AC line input filter would absorbed or removed by the filtered outlet of the FilterLinc.
      It can be plugged into the AC Pass through Outlet on the front of the FilterLinc.

Comment

So can I connect the UPS to the always on outlet on the front of the filterlinc and then the garage door sensor into the UPS? Or do I need to ditch the UPS?

Comment

Nope. The UPS should be connected to the filtered (bottom) outlet on the FilterLinc and the I/O Linc plugged into the pass-through (front) outlet on the FilterLinc.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X