Can't Unlink Motion Sensor II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Unlink Motion Sensor II

I have lots of devices and scenes and this is the first problem I have had removing a linked device. I am using a hub and did all the basics of removing the scene and removing the device. I even did a factory reset of the motion device twice, once with the hub unplugged. The motion device still is linked to several lights even though it is completely removed from the hub and the motion device factory reset. The link must be stored in the devices since I can unplug the hub and the links are still active. Any ideas on how this link is being stored and how to remove it?
    Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
    20 Insteon Modules
    Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
    HD Camera 2864-22X
    SD Camera 75790
    iPhone 7
    Apple Watch

The owner's manual on the product webpage has the directions for unlinking the motion sensor from multiple devices.

https://www.smarthome.com/insteon-motion-sensor-ii.html

Comment

Thanks for all in info. The unlink worked fine.
      Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      20 Insteon Modules
      Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

Matching Insteon links are stored in both the controller and responder devices, so just resetting the controller doesn’t remove the connection.

You can fix that in one of three ways: 1) you can recreate the original scene in the app, allow the hub to link everything, then when done remove the controller from the scene to prompt the hub app to redo the unlink process; 2) you can manually unlink the controller (see device instructions for how to enter ‘multitude-unlink mode’), or 3) you can factory-reset each of the responder devices.

Comment

Use the "Forget Device" feature: This is a common feature on most smart device control platforms. You can try to find this feature in your control center app or UI, then select the specific motion device and select "Forget device" to remove the link.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 11:54 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
          X