hub 2242-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hub 2242-222

I recently purchased a used 2242-222 hub and I having some difficulty connecting it to my network. One of the things i noticed is that when I power on the hub the light on the ethernet port come immediately on, is this normal for this hub? The person said that he test the hub before shipping but I'm not sure if its defective or just my stupidity.
    thanks
    Pete

If you did not get the Full Users Manual for the 2242-222. It may give you some assistance.
    http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2242-222-en.pdf

Comment

The port lights are on even though its not connected
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I am not a HUB user. Though I do have both a 2242-222R and 2245-222 HUB to see how they operate.

I just powered up the 2242-222R. Both port Green and Yellow LED's stayed On for maybe ten seconds then both went off.
        Starting a short Green LED pulse then a slightly longer Yellow LED pulse.
        If you have not tried it yet. I would do the Factory Reset procedure in the full manual and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

If the previous owner did not reset the registration, then support will have to do it for you. You cannot do it yourself.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X