Edit bad links in Scenes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit bad links in Scenes?

After being forced to change email address(used for my hub account) by my ISP, I had to reset my whole Insteon environment (51 devices and 18 scenes on a Hub 2245-222), and setup a new account. I spoke with tech support first and asked if I needed to delete everything out and reset the hub first. He said "No, just delete the account, create a new one and re-add all the devices and scenes". Well there was a problem. Apparently there are still scenes in the hub, tied to the old account, and when I created new ones that use the same group number as the old ones, strange things happen. Devices that are not part of the new scene trigger. I guess they are still associated with the old account, and have the same group number. I knew I should have done a full wipe and reset. But rather than spend another weekend re-doing it, I was looking for tips to edit the scenes and remove the bad links. Supposedly HomeLinc could do that but it doesnt work with the Hub 2245-222, and is not being updated. Is there any other software that will do that, will HomeLinc work on a 2245 hub with a USB PowerLinc modem? Or do I need to buy an ISY device (and will that allow me to edit the bad scene links?)

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the best solution is to factory reset each device and start over.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Ugh! I was hoping there was a better way. For now I've labeled those Scene/Groups as "Do Not Use", and created new scenes with higher numbered groups. Guess I'll save the full reset for another day. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X