Homekit and Insteon Hub Pro Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homekit and Insteon Hub Pro Question

Background: I do not own the hub pro anymore but was considering trying it again. I initially bought the Hub Pro during the insteon per-order and subsequently returned it after having multiple issues connecting devices and errors in the app.

Questions:
    1) On the insteon website it lists the devices that work with it and no battery operated sensors are listed (open/close, motion, water leak, etc). Does anyone know if this is a software issue with homekit support? Other companies have been releasing home-kit compatible sensors and I'm just wondering if insteon will be able to bring their products into that ecosystem.

2) If using the hub pro, do you find yourself using the Insteon+ app to control everything or the Apple home app?

3) Insteon's website mentions allowing control of third party devices within the Intsteon+ app, if they're home-kit compatible. Now that there are dozens of third party companies out that make home-kit enabled products has anyone linked them into the insteon app to control? What products have you used?

4) Has anyone been able to try a home-kit enabled lock within the insteon app (kwikset premis)?
    iPhone 5S and iPad Air2 - iOS 9.3
    Surfboard SB6141/Airport Extreme, Time Warner Cable
    22 INSTEON

1. What's allowed is dictated by Apple. If and when Apple allows the Hub Pro to be compatible with Insteon battery powered devices, then SH will announce it, but not at all in advance.
    2. the Hub Pro requires the Insteon+ app.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X