Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I know about controlling my Insteon Hub 2245 from multiple devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I know about controlling my Insteon Hub 2245 from multiple devices.

I have tried controlling my single Insteon Hub Model 2245 from both my smartphone and a tablet. The configurations on each different smart device app does not seem to have a common parent like I thought it w/should. What is the relationship between Insteon device names, Insteon hub controller and the controlling device app? Is it a bad idea to use two smart apps to control an Insteon Hub?

Thanks TF, your description makes sense and is what I thought it should be. Like you said logging out and back into an account updates the smart app on the alternate device.

Comment

You could also choose the get latest configuration in the settings on the app

Comment

Thanks lilyoyo1. I must say I did not know this was possible until you mentioned it. For what it's worth, the "Get Latest Configuration" button selection is situated at the bottom of the Settings Choices and I never saw it until I went looking for it just now. Again - Thanks.

Comment

You're welcome. Glad I could help

Comment

Working...
          X