2 hubs in 2 seperate locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hubs in 2 seperate locations

I am wanting to setup a hub2 at my cottage and I already have a hub2 running at home. Will I have to setup two separate accounts under two different emails?
    ​What is the easiest way to check either location from the Android phone? I did try setting up a second account under a different email and I find the login now defaults to the second account.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

I added a 2nd Hub using one account. Settings > House Management > Add a House
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Just to update this 2-year-old information... The Android Insteon app does not well-handle multiple houses. There simply is no way to add or switch houses from the Android Insteon app.

BUT... I did add a second house/hub with the Windows 10 Insteon app and then re-register the hub/devices under a single Insteon login/account. From the Windows 10 app, it seems to work exactly as expected. I can manage 2 hubs/houses and all the devices connected to them through a single Insteon account.

When I re-linked Alexa to my Insteon account, she in fact was able to discover and turn lights on in both homes. (I have 2 Alexas linked together.) This also is exactly as expected and bragedocious.

I am getting push notifications to my Android (and e-mail notifications) from the home in which I am located. (WiFi-connected and cell-connected) I am not sure if I also will get push notifications to my Android from my second home. But I'll know soon enough and will try to remember to update my findings. It would be nice if Android would simply support the multiple houses feature that Windows 10 manages just fine. Seems like a small tweak to make.

The web portal (http://connect.insteon.com) also does not recognize the multiple hubs/houses feature that was setup in Windows 10.
        Last edited by ScottLilly; 10-16-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Both houses/hubs push notifications to my Android. But the Insteon Android app does not work for controlling or viewing one house. The connect.insteon.com also does not work as expected. If anyone opens a door at either of my homes (200 miles apart), I get a real time notification on my Android. I have to use the Windows 10 computer to see the status of the Insteon devices and manage them.

Seems like Insteon needs to update their Android app to support the multiple houses/hubs capability.
          Last edited by ScottLilly; 10-26-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X