Ip cameras adding to insteon app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ip cameras adding to insteon app

I have 5 cams that are not insteon cams. Am I able to still add them and be viewable from the insteon app?

So I figured out how to add them which was weird because it wanted a user and pass but didn't tell me what cam it was. Now I noticed that the cams it did find was my two wifi cams that are running on Ethernet. The problem is it wouldn't find my non wifi cams on Ethernet nor can I add it manually... Any knowledge of why or how I can add them?

Comment

Has anyone added a non wifi option camera and got it to work?

Comment

Not all IP cameras are Hub compatible. Which cameras are you trying to add?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

i am trying to add gw-secutiry cameras from http://www.gw-security-camera-system.com/ . Non of them are "wifi" but oddly enough my 'wifi compatible;but not using wifi" work just fine. so didnt know if that had to do with anything or not.

Comment

AFAIK, none of the GW Security cameras are compatible with the Hub. Some Foscam cameras are.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Is there a list of ALL cameras that insteon lists so i can choose from a selection? I would like POE cameras if all possible.

Comment

Nearly any camera can be made POE. There is no list, Insteon cameras are the only brand specified as compatible with the Hub, but, as I mentioned, some Foscam cameras are. I've had success only with Foscam non-HD cams. But, there are many IP cam apps and there's not much you can do with the Insteon app other than view the camera.

Comment

True, I currently use ispy to connect and record all my ip cams. Works wondering. Just trying to find a way to use one system for all. Its nice to beable to see all cams off one app vs using 5 different apps to do cams, ir transmitting, lights and music throughout the home. Thanks for the replies and information! hope this becomes more helpful for everything else.

Comment

You cannot add non-Insteon cameras to the Insteon app and view them from there. The Insteon App is designed to work with Insteon product ecosystem products and devices, including Insteon cameras. Non-Insteon cameras won't work with the Insteon app wordle and you won't be able to view them from there.

Comment

Insteon is primarily designed for Insteon-branded devices, but there may be workarounds to view non-Insteon cameras in the Insteon app. Explore third-party integrations compatible with Insteon, such as SmartThings or Alexa, or check if your cameras support RTSP or ONVIF for IP camera addition. Compatibility depends on specific camera models and Insteon hub capabilities. Consult camera manufacturer documentation for guidance
                      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 11:51 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                      X