Hub to Compliment ISY for Harmony Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub to Compliment ISY for Harmony Remote

I primarily use the ISY for my Insteon controller, but have a Hub II laying around. I'm wondering if I could use the hub to compliment my ISY so that I can take advantage of the support the Harmony remotes now have for Insteon Hub. Will there be conflicts with using the devices together?

The ISY will not be aware of any scenes you create using the Hub, but the devices will. Unless the scenes on each are identical, you may get unexpected results.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Anyone actually get this to work?

Comment

Originally posted by rebirth24 View Post
        Anyone actually get this to work?

I have two HUB II working with a ISY Series Controller(s). The one HUB II only controls dedicated Insteon devices not part or included with the ISY 1. The other HUB II is controlling a small amount of (isolated) Insteon devices which both are included with the ISY 2 controller. As indicated by Stu option two is not ideal and leaves you open to unexpected results, false status, and programming execution errors.

This was done to confirm a proof of concept for a client who asked the same question.

I would not advise anyone with a large Insteon network to go with method two at all just too many issues and service calls for that scenario. Option one can work if you can dedicated rooms, floors, zones, that you believe the HUB II features (Harmony, Echo, etc) are worth while.

It really comes down to risk vs reward . . .
        Teken . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Teken View Post

I have two HUB II working with a ISY Series Controller(s). The one HUB II only controls dedicated Insteon devices not part or included with the ISY 1. The other HUB II is controlling a small amount of (isolated) Insteon devices which both are included with the ISY 2 controller. As indicated by Stu option two is not ideal and leaves you open to unexpected results, false status, and programming execution errors.

This was done to confirm a proof of concept for a client who asked the same question.

I would not advise anyone with a large Insteon network to go with method two at all just too many issues and service calls for that scenario. Option one can work if you can dedicated rooms, floors, zones, that you believe the HUB II features (Harmony, Echo, etc) are worth while.

It really comes down to risk vs reward . . .
          Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
          X