What Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Software

Where do I find the software for my PC to remotely control my hub. I see apps for Win 10 but not for Win 7. My hub is a 2522-222

Insteon software
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That number looks like one of the Insteon Kits with a HUB in it.
      Is there a different part number on the HUB itself. Maybe 2245-222 which is a HUB 2?

Comment

it is a 2245-222

Comment

PC software is not needed for a 2245 Hub. Browse to connect.insteon.com
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I see support for Win 8 but not Win 7. What is the Insteon API?

Comment

The web site, like virtually all web sites, is OS and browser independent. I just logged onto my account using Firefox on a Windows XP machine. Edge (Windows 10) works, too

Comment

My eyesight isn't what it used to be. I didn't see the 'connect' in front of the 'insteon.com'. Thank you for your help.

Comment

OK - I set up the cloud account for my hub and everything works fine from my Ipad. When I try to log into connect.insteon.com using Chrome on Win 10 it will not accept either the user name and pword that I use on this forum or the username and pword that I used to set up the cloud account. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

When I log into connect.insteon.com from outside my local LAN, I get the twirley circle markers on all the device tiles for several minutes,then all the devices show yellow dots... and the website does say "Beta", so is it functional yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sndflea View Post
                      When I try to log into connect.insteon.com using Chrome on Win 10 it will not accept either the user name and pword that I use on this forum or the username and pword that I used to set up the cloud account. Any ideas?
                      Thanks
                      I don't know how you can log in with an operating system such as Windows, but if you mean a browser then I'm able to log in using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer (both 32 and 64 bit versions), Opera and Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by John Polasek View Post
                        When I log into connect.insteon.com from outside my local LAN, I get the twirley circle markers on all the device tiles for several minutes,then all the devices show yellow dots... and the website does say "Beta", so is it functional yet?
                        The web site has always indicated Beta, but it's fully functional.

Comment

FYI...

http://connect.insteon.com is only functional for the 2242-222 Hubs and is not scheduled to be developed any further.

The 2245-222 hubs will log in however they will have a never ending spinning wheel and no control. The site was never updated for the Hubv2.

Comment

I don't think I like that, new.hub should be the latest and greatest

Comment

I tend to agree with artie b about the hub. Clearly there are still some firmware issues there. The windows app is a far cry from ready as well. But, I'm confident that Smarthome will get the kinks worked out. I just hope it doesn't take them forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X